Break-in -- But How?
Even the most carefully machined parts require a certain
The performance and longevity of your motorcycle
depends to a great extent on how carefully it is broken in.
The surest method is to:
1. Never exceed the permissible maximum speed in each gear
2. Ride mostly on winding country roads; avoid turnpikes
3. If turnpikes cannot be avoided, try to vary your speed constantly;
do not operate at a constant speed for long periods.
4. Always approach the maximum allowable speed and immediately back off.
5. The maximum allowable RPM up to 600 miles is 4000;
from 600 miles to 1200 miles it is 5000.
6. Avoid rude braking up to 300 miles, especially at high speed.
Otherwise the brake pads won't get a good abrasion value in the future.